Global Excellence and Local Relevance in research, teaching, and technology development is the vision of the Department. The Department was started as the Computer Centre in 1973 with the acquisition of an IBM 370, perhaps the most powerful computer in India at that time. It offered M.Tech, M.S and PhD degree programmes. In 1983, the B.Tech degree programme was started.
Today the Department has a vibrant student body numbering about 400. Over 60% are postgraduate, mostly supported by scholarships. The Department also offers several attractive industry-sponsored Fellowships for outstanding PhD scholars and liberally supports participation in top-ranking international conferences. Over 50 full-time engineers work on R&D projects enriching the academic environment.
MS & PhD Admissions - Jan 2015
Faculty Openings: Assistant Professor positions in Computer Science and Engineering
Nominations / Applications Invited : Gopalakrishnan Chair Professorship
- 09-01-2015:Machine Learning For Computer Aided Detection of Cancers.
- 09-01-2015:Coordinating Actions Across Agent Boundaries.
- 05-01-2015:Effective Learning of Probabilistic Models from Structured Data.
- 23-12-2014:Reconstructing the Neocortical Microcircuit in Silico.
- 22-12-2014:Towards an Architecture for Human-Robot Collaboration.
- 19-12-2014:Mining Software Repositories for IR Based Bug Localization.
- 12-12-2014:Towards Performance Portability for Parallel Computations.
- 12-12-2014:How to Use Bitcoin to Design Fair Protocols.
- 12-12-2014:Genetic Algorithms and Multi-Objective Optimization in Computer Graphics and 3D Spatial Optimization.
Phone: +91-44-22574350 Fax: +91-44- 22574352 email: email@example.com