Global Excellence and Local Relevance in research, teaching, and technology development is the vision of the Department. The Department was started as the Computer Centre in 1973 with the acquisition of an IBM 370, perhaps the most powerful computer in India at that time. It offered M.Tech, M.S and PhD degree programmes. In 1983, the B.Tech degree programme was started.
Today the Department has a vibrant student body numbering about 400. Over 60% are postgraduate, mostly supported by scholarships. The Department also offers several attractive industry-sponsored Fellowships for outstanding PhD scholars and liberally supports participation in top-ranking international conferences. Over 50 full-time engineers work on R&D projects enriching the academic environment.
MS & PhD Admissions - Jan 2015
Faculty Openings: Assistant Professor positions in Computer Science and Engineering
Nominations / Applications Invited : Gopalakrishnan Chair Professorship
- 24-10-2014:Deriving Insights From Data: Opportunities For Societal Impact
- 16-10-2014:Recursive Task Parallelism
- 17-09-2014:Machine manipulable models for informed and data-driven decision-making
- 15-09-2014:Knowledge Transfer Using Latent Variable Models
- 05-09-2014:EFGR: An Enhanced Fine Granularity Refresh Feature for High-Performance DDR4 DRAM Devices
Phone: +91-44-22574350 Fax: +91-44- 22574352 email: firstname.lastname@example.org