Global Excellence and Local Relevance in research, teaching, and technology development is the vision of the Department. The Department was started as the Computer Centre in 1973 with the acquisition of an IBM 370, perhaps the most powerful computer in India at that time. It offered M.Tech, M.S and PhD degree programmes. In 1983, the B.Tech degree programme was started.
Today the Department has a vibrant student body numbering about 400. Over 60% are postgraduate, mostly supported by scholarships. The Department also offers several attractive industry-sponsored Fellowships for outstanding PhD scholars and liberally supports participation in top-ranking international conferences. Over 50 full-time engineers work on R&D projects enriching the academic environment.
MS & PhD Admissions - Jan 2015
Faculty Openings: Assistant Professor positions in Computer Science and Engineering
Nominations / Applications Invited : Gopalakrishnan Chair Professorship
- 26-02-2015:On the Data Requirement for Learning the Tree of Life from Multiple Genes.
- 24-02-2015:COMMIT: A Scalable Approach to Mining Communication Motifs from Dynamic Network.
- 24-02-2015:Towards Making Space-bounded Non-Determinism Unambiguous.
- 24-02-2015:New Circuit Lower and Upper Bounds via Combinatorial Arguments.
- 17-02-2015:Exact and Approximation Algorithms for Computing Connected f-Factors.
- 17-02-2015:Approximating and Testing Equilibria.
- 17-02-2015:Large Scale Sketch-based Image Retrieval
- 10-02-2015:Scheduling in Data Center Networks with Optimal Traffic Grooming.
Phone: +91-44-22574350 Fax: +91-44- 22574352 email: email@example.com